gotta love beer
It’s tonight! The long awaited “hops” show on South Shore Live and Stan has been working hard (or hardly working. LOL) lining up tonight’s guests. He’s got the folks from Harpoon and they’re bringing in tastings! He’s got Mayflower Brewing and Narragansett Beer. And Joe from Curtis Liquors where they are doing an 100 beer tasting on Oct 31st.
And on the Virtual View we want to know – what can beer lovers could do online?
- start with the beer lego song. Someone had a lot of time on their hands.
- then take the what type of beer you are quiz?
- if you’re a beer expert, take the advanced beer quiz or try this beer quiz from Slashfood
- if you’ve got an opinion goto ratebeer.com which touts itself as the most accurate and most-visited source for beer information. Compete.com says they get 87,000 visitors a month.
- laugh about this dumb beer criminal.
- then vote! – Guinness is holding a petition to make St. Patrick’s day an official holiday. They’re calling it proposition 3-17.
- then make your own home brew at Northern Brewer. These guys know their stuff.
top 5 uses for beer (other than drinking):
1. grill up some butt beer chicken. Check out these photos!
2. help grass grow. Pour beer on those irritating brown spots and let the nutrients, sugar and energy turn it green again.
3. bath in it!. Cleopatra bathed in milk. P Diddy bathed in champaigne. But for the best results you should empty a few kegs into the bathtub. Beer cleanses the skin and exfoliates. And the yeasts and other ingredients are great skin-softeners.
4. cook up some beer batter…
• 1 12oz bottle of beer
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons paprika
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
• 1 egg, beaten
5. spill it! on the attractive person next to you. Apologize, offer to buy them a new one and to take their clothes home to have them dry cleaned. You know the rest…
50 things to call a beer:
Pass me a… beer, draft, cold one, libation, brewskie, oat soda, cerveza, barley pop, puke fuel, boredom-be-gone, loudmouth soup, real man’s Zima, Homer Juice, keg guts, beeeeeer!, pre-pee, weed’s best friend, rocketsauce, mother, varsity Shirley Temple, time travel in a bottle, suds, soldier, Gutterade, barley legal, bitter batter, liquid bread, silly seltzer, brew dog, giggle water, liquid courage, pre-spiked punch, bubbly muscles, hard O’Douls, social lubricant, icanbeatithome, secret ingredient X, tummy buster, brain hammer, elbow benders, daddy’s milk, redneck wine, 12 oz. curl, antidote, hello-goodbye, potent potable, chugger’s delight, liquid wrecking ball, hops scotch, un-water.
why beer is better than a woman:
- You don’t have to wine and dine a beer.
- A beer won’t get upset if you come home with beer on your breath.
- A beer doesn’t get jealous when you grab another beer.
- You can share a beer with your friends.
- You can have more than one beer and not feel guilty.
- Hangovers go away.
- When you’re finished with a beer the bottle is still worth 5 cents.
top rejected beer slogans: